Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Various Branch Locations
A high school diploma or equivalent. Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; knowledge of PC and teller computer system; knowledge of bank products and services; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills. Cash handling experience normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office of which the following are illustrative:
- Processes customer transactions, such as check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Verifies cash and endorsements.
- Balances cash drawer.
- Receives and credits MasterCard and Visa payments; issues cash advances.
- Balances and services ATM machines.
- Balances night deposits.
- May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
- Suggests other bank services to customers; refers sales opportunities to personal bankers and wealth management personnel.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Central City
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field normally required; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; strong analytical skills; comprehensive knowledge of CRA, banking rules and regulations including, but not limited to, Regulations B, D, E, O, Z, CC, DD, RESPA, and HMDA; visual and auditory skills; valid driver's license. A minimum of five (5) years' banking experience normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Responsible for managing and maintaining the Bank’s compliance program; developing, implementing, and administering all aspects of the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act Compliance Program; acting as Board appointed Compliance Officer; coordinating work within the department as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports.
- Manages and maintains the Bank’s compliance program by formulating the compliance strategy and operating plan to achieve success with audit and regulatory agencies,
- Maintains current awareness of legislative developments and a working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations,
- Ensures employees are notified of changes in regulations and receive online regulatory training regarding those changes,
- Assists in the development and timely updates of policies and procedures, identifies and completes risk assessments and evaluates deficiencies while working with internal departments/business units to appropriately remedy them,
- Keeps management fully informed of examination status, issues, and activities.
- Develops, implements, and administers all aspects of the Community Reinvestment Act Compliance Program.
- Acts as Board appointed Compliance Officer by reporting to the Board of Directors and chairing the Compliance Committee.
A Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company application and background authorization form is required. Print application, complete, and drop off at any Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company office, email to HR@psbt.com, fax to: 570-504-9930, or mail to the address listed below.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company
Human Resources Department
150 North Washington Avenue | Scranton, PA 18503
Please fill out the following forms:
- Click Here for Application Form
- Click Here for FCRA Background Check Requirements Form
- Click Here for Voluntary Affirmative Action Form
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, qualified disability, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the federal laws and state laws of the respective state of employment.
Applications will be accepted for specific openings only.
In addition to an equitable salary and equal opportunities for professional development and advancement, there are other benefits that a position with Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company offers which enhance your job satisfaction.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company believes that good benefits are a sound investment in its employees. A quality benefits program not only ensures the loyalty of long time capable employees, but also helps to attract talented newcomers that can help the Bank grow.
The following are the benefits offered to eligible employees:
- Health Care (for employees and dependents)
- PPO and EPO Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
Life Insurance and Disability
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- ESOP Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- Free Checking Account
- Free Safe Deposit Box
- Employee Assistance Program
- Banking Classes paid by Bank
- Job Posting Program
- Career Counseling
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company always retains the right to modify, supplement, or revise benefits for current and/or former employees.