Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Women, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Location: Various Branch Locations
A high school diploma or equivalent. Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; knowledge of PC and teller computer system; knowledge of bank products and services; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills. Cash handling experience normally required.
Brief Job Overview:
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office of which the following are illustrative:
- Processes customer transactions, such as check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Verifies cash and endorsements.
- Balances cash drawer.
- Receives and credits MasterCard and Visa payments; issues cash advances.
- Balances and services ATM machines.
- Balances night deposits.
- May be required, on occasion, to provide safe deposit box services to customers.
- Suggests other bank services to customers; refers sales opportunities to personal bankers and wealth management personnel.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Location: Central City Office
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills;
- Proficient analytical skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Proficient PC skills, including knowledge of loan related software;
- Proficient in all phases of underwriting, including credit and compliance calculation and testing; working knowledge of applicable lending laws and regulations, i.e., Reg. B, Reg. Z, and Fair Credit Reporting Act; knowledge of HUD-1 and closing documents.
- A minimum of five (5) years of mortgage loan underwriting or lending experience normally required.
Performs administrative and underwriting duties to support the mortgage loan function including but not limited to:
- Performs pre-screen underwriting and deal structuring for the purpose of bidding on loan transactions;
- Performs due diligence and underwriting once loans are under application;
- Verifies and reviews financial loan documents;
- Assesses borrower(s) credit worthiness;
- Processes and issues all required disclosures;
- Negotiates with borrowers for changes in deal terms necessitated by due diligence finding;
- Prepares recommendations for credit review committee or loan originators;
- Reviews loan documents for completeness;
- Assembles loan documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial, and returns file to origination mortgage loan office;
- Notifies all required personnel of disposition of underwriting results;
- Performs credit analysis and approves mortgage loans within established lending authority;
- Achieves goals assigned to the Mortgage Loan Underwriter as part of the Bank’s business objectives;
- Has an intricate understanding and maintains compliance with secondary market guidelines for various agencies including, but not limited to, FreddieMac, FannieMae, Federal Home Loan Bank, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, etc;
- Has an understanding and maintains compliance with bank brokered loans through various third party sources;
- Familiar with Government sponsored agency lending guidelines such as FHA, VA, etc;
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness, e.g., Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.; ensures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same;
- Communicates with the Loan Operations Manager other department managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities and provides periodic reports to the Credit Administration Division Head and other groups as required.
Location: Hallstead Plaza Office
- A high school diploma or educational equivalent,
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communicative skills;
- Thorough understanding of underwriting criteria and guidelines;
- Extensive knowledge of current state and federal compliance regulations and secondary market guidelines;
- Mortgage banking background preferred with a proven track record of success;
- Ability to generate annual production volumes through outside contacts;
- Experience with mortgage lending and secondary software;
- Public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations to various audiences;
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and process;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of mortgage loan origination experience normally required.
Performs a variety of duties to promote the bank’s mortgage loan products to attract new loan business and refinances including but not limited to:
- Focusing on marketing activities and promotional strategies to attract new business;
- Making contact and aggressively promoting the bank to real estate agents, builders, developers, financial planners/CPA’s, attorneys and other referral sources;
- Participating in the majority of business development activities outside of the office;
- Developing a reputation as a trusted financial advisor to customers and contacts;
- Originating FHA and VA mortgages;
- Managing customers through the entire loan process;
- Maintaining positive client relationships.
A Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company application and background authorization form is required. Print application, complete, and drop off at any Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company office, email to HR@psbt.com, fax to: 570-504-9930, or mail to the address listed below.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company
Human Resources Department
150 North Washington Avenue | Scranton, PA 18503
Please fill out the following forms:
- Click Here for Application Form
- Click Here for FCRA Background Check Requirements Form
- Click Here for Voluntary Affirmative Action Form
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, qualified disability, or any other protected status. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the federal laws and state laws of the respective state of employment.
Applications will be accepted for specific openings only.
In addition to an equitable salary and equal opportunities for professional development and advancement, there are other benefits that a position with Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company offers which enhance your job satisfaction.
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company believes that good benefits are a sound investment in its employees. A quality benefits program not only ensures the loyalty of long time capable employees, but also helps to attract talented newcomers that can help the Bank grow.
The following are the benefits offered to eligible employees:
- Health Care (for employees and dependents)
- PPO and EPO Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
Life Insurance and Disability
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- ESOP Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- Free Checking Account
- Free Safe Deposit Box
- Employee Assistance Program
- Banking Classes paid by Bank
- Job Posting Program
- Career Counseling
Peoples Security Bank & Trust Company always retains the right to modify, supplement, or revise benefits for current and/or former employees.